Southwest Black Bean Burger Sandwich
Be a dinnertime hero with this meal-in-a-sandwich that will win you applause. A black bean burger is topped with cheddar cheese, jalapeño pepper and olives, and then it's tucked into a bun along with salsa-and-ranch-dressed salad.
- 2 tsp Hidden Valley® Ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tsp salsa
- 0.5 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 Tbsp finely shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp seeded and thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1 Tbsp pitted and sliced black olives
- 1 hamburger bun or whole wheat hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In small bowl stir together salad dressing and salsa. Toss with lettuce. Set aside.
- Micro-cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions, except after turning burger top with cheese, jalapeño pepper and olives. Continue micro-cooking according to package directions.
- Top bun bottom with lettuce mixture and burger. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired). Add bun top.