Soba Noodles with Miso-Roasted Tomatoes
Roasting cherry tomatoes in a mix of miso, ginger, sesame, lime juice and honey creates a tangy, bright sauce for soba noodles; try adding shrimp for an even more substantial dish.
- 0.33 cup canola oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 Ounce soba noodles
- 2 Pint cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp light yellow miso
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, whisk the canola oil, vinegar, miso, ginger, sesame oil, honey, lime zest and lime juice until smooth. Season with salt.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of the miso dressing and season with salt. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring, until the tomatoes are charred in spots. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Cook the soba in boiling water just until al dente, 4 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Add the soba, scallions and half of the remaining dressing to the tomatoes and toss well. Season with salt; transfer to a platter and garnish with the sesame seeds. Serve with the remaining dressing.
Make Ahead: The tomatoes can be roasted and refrigerated overnight. Rewarm before using.
Recipe Credit: Todd Ginsberg
Image Credit: Christina Holmes