Soba Noodles with Grilled Shrimp and Cilantro
- 6 Ounce soba noodles
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper
- 0.25 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp finely grated lime zest, plus 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced and seperated into rings
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 3 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil
- lime wedges, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, stirring, until tender, 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the oil with the soy sauce, tamari and agave syrup. Add the noodles and toss.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden brown and crisp, 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shallots to paper towels. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook over low heat until golden and crisp, 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to the paper towels.
3. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, combine the lime zest and juice with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir in the shrimp and season with salt. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until glazed and just white throughout, 3 minutes.
4. Arrange the noodles on a large platter. Sprinkle with the scallions, cilantro, crushed red pepper and the fried shallots and garlic. Arrange the shrimp on top and serve with lime wedges alongside.