Smoked-Trout Salad with Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 4
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 0.5 Pound boneless smoked trout or whitefish, broken into pieces
- 0.5 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, —halve, cored, and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 Belgian endives, leave seperated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 Tbsp walnut oil
- 2.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 cup small watercress sprigs
In a blender, puree the shallot, vinegars and mustard. Gradually blend in the oils. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the endives, apple, walnuts, trout and watercress on plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.