Smoked Salmon and Preserved Lemon Tea Sandwiches
The flavors of Morocco—preserved lemon and saffron—inspired these tasty and elegant smoked salmon sandwiches from F&W’s Ben Mims.
- 1 Tbsp mustard seed
- 2 slices of buckwheat or spelt bread, crusts removed
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- pinch of crushed saffron threads
- 0.25 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp minced brined green peppercorns
- 1.5 Tbsp minced preserved lemon
- 0.25 cup fromage blanc
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- In a small skillet, toast the mustard seeds over moderately high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the fromage blanc with the mustard seeds, preserved lemon, peppercorns, mustard powder, smoked paprika and saffron. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 2 slices of smoked salmon on each slice of bread. Cut the sandwiches into halves or quarters and top with a dollop of the preserved-lemon fromage blanc and a few cilantro leaves.
Recipe Credit: Ben Mims
Image Credit: Con Poulos