Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings with Sriracha Mayo Sauce
One of the most beautiful things about this recipe is that it only has a few ingredients. I decided to be crazy and make a dipping sauce for it but to be honest these are so good you can easily eat them by themselves. Bacon, sweet onions, pepper and sriracha hot sauce (or any other hot sauce you like) is really all you need.
- 1 pack of bacon
- 5 sweet onions
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 0.5 cup sriracha
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Cut onions into 1/2 inch thick rings and pop the internal rings out until you have a nice sturdy onion ring.
- Brush onion with hot sauce.
- Wrap each onion ring with bacon and secure with a skewer or toothpick.
- Heavily cover the onion rings with pepper and smoke, grill or bake for about 90 minutes at 250-350 degrees.
- To make the spicy sriracha mayo, combine 2 T of mayo, 1 T of sriracha sauce, and 1 tsp of lime juice. Mix well.
For the full post, visit Grilling 24x7.