Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This soup will warm you up on the coldest, roughest days. It’s got everything you need for a complete meal, plus tons of great texture from all the different veggies and beans. This soup has a mild heat–the kind that will open up your sinus passages. The smoky warmth of this dish is just right for a fall evening when you begin to crave something a little heartier. It’s a great dish for busy weeknights when the days are shorter.
Serve it up with a dollop of sour cream, smattering of green onions, and plenty of bread for dipping. The whole family will thank you.
- 1.5 Pound chicken breast
- diced green onions (for serving)
- 32 Ounce low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 Can diced green chilies, undrained
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp coriander
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- sour cream (for serving)
- Place all the chopped vegetables at the bottom of the crockpot and the chicken on top. Sprinkle with garlic and remaining spices, add can of green chilies and pintos, then pour chicken broth over all. Cook on low for 6-8 hours then remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return to crockpot and serve soup hot with diced green onions and sour cream.
For the full post, visit Neighbor Food.