Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Plug in the slow cooker, you’re about to have some finger licking BBQ going on with these amazing slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches.
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (6-8 pound) pork shoulder
- Mix all spice rub ingredients together
- Massage spice rub into meat. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but 24 hours is best.
- Unwrap roast and place in slow cooker with ¼ cup water.
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 8-10 hours and until meat is fork-tender.
- Transfer roast to cutting board; discard of liquid.
- Pull pork by tearing meat into thin shreds with two forks. Discard any fat.
- Return pork to slow cooker and set on low to serve. At this point you can also add your favorite BBQ sauce. I usually add my sauce to each individual sandwich.