Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
Try this amazing Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Recipe that will save you time and that is loaded with flavor!
- 3 browned and cooked seasoned chicken breasts
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 6 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 cup assorted pitted Mediterranean olives
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 diced small yellow onion
- 16 Ounce canned chick peas, strained and rinsed
- 56 Ounce canned plum tomatoes and juice
- feta cheese, for garnish
- Place all ingredients except oregano, salt and pepper in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Before serving add in oregano and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cooked brown rice and garnish with Feta cheese.
Read more from Chef Billy Parisi.