Slow Cooker Italian Sausage, Beef and Vegetable Ragu
To make this easy, I like to cook the meat the night before then just throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning. Prep is a breeze!
- 1 Pound Italian sausage
- Salt and pepper
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 Ounce sliced mushrooms
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 0.5 cup red wine
- 2 6 ounce cans tomato paste
- 28 Ounce can diced tomatoes, und
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 Pound pasta of your choice (something hearty like rigatoni or cavatappi)
- In a large skillet, cook the Italian sausage and ground beef over medium heat, crumbling the meat with a spatula, until beginning to brown. Add the chopped onion and cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is translucent. Drain any excess fat off the pan, then place the meat mixture in the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, pasta, wine, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and oregano to the slow cooker and stir everything together. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with a hearty pasta, such as pappardelle or rotini.
For the full post, visit Neighbor Food.