Slow Cooker Healthy Creamy Chicken Casserole
A healthy slow cooked creamy chicken casserole that is packed with veggies and topped with Melba Snacks. The Melba Snacks soak up a bit of the creaminess from the sauce, which makes this dish taste like it is topped with stuffing.
- 1.5 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 7-oz. container 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 0.25 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 cup diced leeks
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh green beans
- 1 (5.25-oz.) box Sea Salt Melba Snacks
- Add the chicken breasts to a 6-quart slow cooker, sprinkle over the green beans and mushrooms. Set aside.
- On the stove-top, set a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the hot pan, when the oil is hot add the carrots, leeks, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, let this mixture cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir the flour into the carrot/leek mixtures for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and stir until it thickens, add this mixture to the slow cooker on top of the chicken, mushrooms and green beans. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- After the cooking time is done, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Stir in the Greek Yogurt.
- Remove the bag of Melba Snack Toasts from the box. Open one end of the Melba Snacks bag, using a rolling pin crush the Melba Snacks into smaller pieces. Sprinkle the crushed Melba Snacks over the chicken Casserole. Serve and enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Magical Slow Cooker.