Slow Cooker Gingerbread with Dried Cherries
Serving Size: 6
- vegetable cooking spray
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1 cup dried cherry
- 1 cup V8® 100% vegetable juice
- 0.75 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 0.25 tsp ground allspice
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Place the butter and brown sugar into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the eggs and molasses.
- Reduce the speed to low. Alternately beat in the flour mixture and the vegetable juice. Stir in the cherries. Pour the batter into the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Spoon the gingerbread into bowls. Top with the whipped cream, if desired.