Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 8
Packed with protein from the chicken and addition of black beans and a full-bodied southwestern spiced broth, this soup is destined to be a favorite.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 14.5 Ounce diced tomatoes
- 28 Ounce crushed tomatoes
- 32 Ounce chicken broth
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- Ounce frozen corn
- 4 Ounce green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- tortilla chips for garnish
Recipe inspired by Inspired by Food.com.
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add all ingredients.
- Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and cut into bite size cubes. Return to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls topped with your favorite garnishes such as sour cream/plain yogurt, limes, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, etc.
For the full post, visit Melanie Makes.