Slow Cooker Baked Apples
This recipe for slow cooker baked apples could be for dessert, or for breakfast; if you can refrain from adding ice cream in the morning!
- 5 medium-sized gala apples
- 5.125 cup granola (used Bare Naked Original Cinnamon)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 5 tsp maple syrup
- ice cream or whipped cream for serving (if making for dessert)
- Cut a layer off the top of the apples with a knife. With a melon baller tool, or a measuring teaspoon, remove the core and seeds from each apple.
- Pack 1/8 cup granola into each apple, and place into the slow cooker.
- Drizzle the apples evenly with the melted butter, and add a teaspoon of maple syrup to each apple.
- Cover, and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until tender, but not falling apart. Serve as is, or add ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Magical Slow Cooker.