Slow Cooker Apple Butter
The apples and spices in this recipe slow-cook for hours and fill your house with sweet, cozy comfort.
- 5 Pound apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp cloves
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- Stir all ingredients together in slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove and reserve cinnamon stick.
- Place apple mixture into food processor and process until smooth.
- Return mixture and cinnamon stick back to the crock pot and cook uncovered on high for about 4 hours, or until mixture is thick and dark.
- Place in containers and store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Martha Stewart. Read more from Jelly Toast.