Slow-Cooked Taco Chicken
- 2.5 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium onions, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cup Swanson® Mexican Tortilla Flavor
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- flour tortillas (8-inch) or taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, salsa and/or guacamole (optional)
- Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper. Place the chicken into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the onions and broth.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is fork-tender. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Top with the lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa and/or guacamole, if desired. Fold the tortillas around the filling.
Cost per recipe: $18.50
Cost per serving: $1.85