Slow-Cooked Beef and Wine Ragu
Serving Size: 6
- 3 Tbsp oil, divided
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 4 Ounce Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 0.5 cup dry red wine
- 2 cup beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Ounce tomato paste
- 2 Pound boneless beef chuck eye roast, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Pound pearl onions, peeled, halved
- 6 cup hot cooked rotini pasta
- HEAT 1 Tbsp. oil in Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- HEAT remaining oil in pan. Add meat, in batches; cook 8 to 10 min. or until evenly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pan. Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 1 min. Return meat to pan. Add stock and wine; stir. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add onions; cook 20 min., stirring occasionally.
- REMOVE small amount of liquid from pan. Add to cream cheese in small bowl; mix well. Return to pan; cook 10 min., stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Cook 1/2 lb. quartered fresh mushrooms with the onions.
Serve with roasted fresh vegetables or a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Light Dressing.