Sliced Baked Potato with Mojo Verde
- Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice slits in potatoes roughly 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch apart. Tip: Don't try to cut as close to the bottom as possible, you may end up cutting all the way through. You can always cut the slits a little deeper as the potato begins to bake.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes on a baking sheet or in a baking dish for 30 minutes.
- Now that the potatoes have begun to fan out, brush them with olive oil, once again.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Mojo Verde Sauce
- 0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor and blend. Salt to taste.
For the full post, visit Brooklyn Vegetarian.