Skirt Steak with Paprika Butter
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp smoked hot paprika
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 Pound skirt steaks
- vegetable oil, for rubbing
- freshly ground pepper
- Sunchoke-Kale Hash with Farro
1. Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the paprika and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season with salt; keep warm.
2. Rub the skirt steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred and medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Spoon the Sunchoke-Kale Hash with Farro onto a large platter and top with the steak. Spoon the paprika butter over the steak and serve right away.