Skinny Taco Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Serving Size: 2
The thing I love about this salad is that it packs a ton of flavor and is super vibrant with color, something that is always welcome during winter.
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
- 6 Ounce black olives, drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 avocados, diced
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef and taco season. Cook until meat is brown. Drain grease if necessary.
- To prepare salad, start with a bed of lettuce and in rows top with black olives, tomatoes, corn and avocado. You can also toss it all together.
- Top with avocado cilantro dressing and serve immediately.
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Store in air-tight container for up to 12 weeks.
avocado cilantro dressing
- 0.5 large ripe avocado, or 1 small avocado
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 0.25 cup fresh lime juice
- 0.33 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp cumin
- 4 Tbsp water
- In a blender or food processor combine the avocado, cilantro, fresh lime juice, salt and cumin. Blend until a smooth consistency.
- While food processor or blender is running, drizzle in olive oil.
- Check consistency, if needed add 2-4 tablespoons of water to thin.
For the full post, visit A Happy Food Dance.