Skillet Corn with Bulgur
This recipe combines tomatoes and just-off-the-cob corn for an excellent summer dish; adding bulgur turns it into a hearty, satisfying meal.
- 0.33 cup medium-grade bulgur
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ears of corn, shucked and kernels cut off
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the bulgur until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain very well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, parsley and lemon juice. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the corn and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the corn is charred, about 5 minutes. Scrape the corn into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Make Ahead: The dish can be refrigerated overnight. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick