Sizzling Shrimp Scampi
- 2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced basil leaf
- 3 Pound large shrimp-shelled and deveined, tails left on
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 0.5 tsp chopped thyme leaf
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1.67 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 large garlic clove, very finely chopped
- crusty bread, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, mix the butter with the garlic, 2 teaspoons of the parsley, the lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large gratin dish, arrange the shrimp, tails up, in a circular pattern. Dot the shrimp with the flavored butter and roast for about 10 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and the butter is bubbling. Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and the basil leaves. Serve hot with bread.