- 1 Pound ground beef
- 2.5 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 15 Ounce POLLY-O Natural Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 0.5 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 24 Ounce spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups mozzarella, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until blended.
- Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add 1 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until blended. Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Since this comfort food classic serves 12, it's a perfect dish to serve at your next large gathering of family or friends.
Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach for the browned ground beef. Thaw spinach; squeeze out excess liquid. Prepare as directed, covering each ricotta layer with 1/3 of the spinach.
Adding water to the sauce helps cook the traditional noodles during baking, so you don't have to cook them beforehand. This saves you 15 to 20 minutes of prep time.