Simple Black Bean, Corn and Mango Chilaquiles with Queso Fresco
I should probably tell you a little about these Chilaquiles. Basically they’re best breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are so quick, so easy and so good. I mean tortilla chips are involved. That is just always awesome, but then there are mangos and black beans and corn.
Oh yeah and the fried egg and the Queso fresco (obsessed!). Plus, I love the soggy baked chips on the bottom and then the crunchy baked chips on top with with the warm cheese?
- 3 fried eggs (optional)
- 14 cup yellow corn tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 0.5 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 0.5 cup mango chunks
- 0.75 grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 0.75 cup cooked black beans (if canned, rinse and drain)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 0.5 sweet onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cup corn
- 0.75 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place oil in a heavy bottom skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add the corn, mango chunks and jalapeño and sauté another 8 to 5 minutes or until the corn is caramelized and soft.
- Stir in green chiles and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add black beans, adobo and broth and stir together.
- Bring mixture to a boil and begin adding tortilla chips, a handful at a time, folding gently to coat every chip. Allow chips to soak up some liquid before adding more.
- Repeat until most of the chips have been added, save a few for topping. Season with salt and pepper and gently fold together. Remove from the heat.
- Crumble on the remaining tortilla chips and a little queso fresco. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- While the chilaquiles bake, fry the eggs.
- Remove the chilaquiles from the oven and top with queso fresco, avocado, fresh cilantro and then the fried egg. Eat!
Read more from Half Bakes Harvest.