"I created this pitcher drink for people to sip on their front porch, or for city folks to drink at our sidewalk café," says Damon Boelte, bar director at Prime Meats in Brooklyn. If you've never had a beer cocktail or, better yet, a cocktail made with drinking vinegars, let this be your introduction to two growing trends in the bar world. Look for Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy, a.k.a. applejack, made by America's oldest family-owned distillery, at better liquor stores.
- 1.25 cup applejack brandy
- 1.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 0.75 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cup chilled Hefeweizen beer
- 0.75 cup chilled club soda
- 8 lemon wedges
- Stir first 4 ingredients in a large pitcher. Add 1 cup ice. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Gently stir in beer and club soda. Fill 12-oz. highball glasses with ice. Divide cocktail among glasses. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Image Credit: Ashley Rodriguez
Recipe courtesy of: Damon Boelte, Prime Meats, Brooklyn, NY