Shrimp Salad Sandwiches with Avocado, Bacon & Watercress
- 4 cup cold water
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 8 slice bacon, cooked
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chipotle pepper purée
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 Pound fresh small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp whole coriander seed
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorn
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 8 slice Pepperidge Farm® 100% Natural Soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread
Heat the water, lemon, peppercorns and coriander seeds in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Rinse the shrimp mixture with cold water and drain well in a colander. Discard the lemon, peppercorns and coriander seeds.
Stir the mayonnaise, chipotle pureé, lime juice, celery and onion in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and cilantro and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Divide the bacon, shrimp mixture, avocado and watercress among 4 bread slices and top with the remaining bread slices.
Easy Substitution: Substitute low fat or canola mayonnaise for the mayonnaise.