Shrimp Pad Thai Style
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 8 Ounce package fresh bean sprouts
- 0.5 16-ounce package wide rice noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cup Swanson® Thai Ginger Flavor Infused Broth
- 0.5 16-ounce package firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 Pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- chopped fresh cilantro leaves,chopped peanuts and lime wedges (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tofu and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in 1 3/4 cups broth and the sugar and heat to a boil.
- Stir the remaining broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture, shrimp, rice noodles and bean sprouts to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens and the shrimp are cooked through. Serve with the cilantro, peanuts and lime wedges, if desired.