Shrimp Lo Mein
A healthier take on the takeout favorite. Shrimp are sautéed with ginger and garlic for lots of flavor (without the fat) and served over noodles with crunchy carrots and green beans in a sweet and salty sauce of soy sauce, hoisin, and honey. Dig in!
- Ounce shrimps
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin
- 2 scallions
- 1 veggie stock concentrate
- 4 Ounce button mushrroms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb ginger
- 4 Ounce udon noodles
- 1 carrot
- 4 Ounce green beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Trim green beans and cut into 1-inch pieces. Mince the garlic and ginger. Peel and cut the carrot in half lengthwise and then into half moons about ¼-inch thick. Slice the mushrooms and the scallions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, and green beans and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant, tossing constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to the pan with the vegetables and cook, tossing, until shrimp are pink and slightly translucent in the middle.
- While the shrimp cook, add the udon to the boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes, drain, and rinse. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent sticking. Once cooked, add to the pan with the veggies and toss.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup water to the pan with the stock concentrate, soy sauce, hoisin, and honey. Once thoroughly combined, add to the pan and toss until the noodles are coated and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Finish: Toss in the scallions and serve into bowls!