Shrimp Buzara Style
Serving Size: 4
- 2 Pound super colossal shrimp (10 to 12 per pound)
- 1 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 0.5 cup finely chopped onion
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 1 cup hot light fish stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Using poultry shears or a sharp paring knife, cut through the outer curve of the shrimp shells from end to end, but don’t remove the shells. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and devein.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the hot stock. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté over moderately high heat until golden. Season with salt and pepper, add the wine, and bring to a boil. Add the stock and tomato paste mixture, reduce the heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meantime, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet, add the shrimp, and sauté (in two batches) 1 minute on each side. Drain off the oil, return all the shrimp to the skillet and add the sauce. Cover and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parsley, mix well, and cook a minute longer, uncovered. Serve immediately.
Image Credit: Lidia Bastianich