Shrimp, Asparagus & Tortellini in Lemon-Dill Scampi
The recipe makes a nice light dinner for 4, or would be a great addition to a buffet, since the serving temperature is so flexible.
- 8 Ounce dry cheese tortellini (or 4 serving equivalent in fresh or frozen)
- 0.33 cup chopped fresh dill
- 0.25 tsp kosher salt
- zest & juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 0.75 Pound of raw wild shrimp (shelled & deveined)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 0.5 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 cup white wine
- Put pot of water on for tortellini. Cook them al dente according to package directions.
- Put oil and butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Crush & mince the garlic and slice the asparagus on the diagonal, add to them pan and saute until asparagus is about ¾ cooked.
- Add shrimp, lemon, salt, dill & wine. Saute until shrimp is just shy of cooked through, add the cooked tortellini and stir to mix evenly, then remove from heat.
- Dish can be served warm with lemon or grated cheese, or cold with lemon and a little olive oil.
Notes: The cooking instructions above are for typical thickness asparagus and 16-24 shrimp. If you have smaller shrimp or thicker asparagus you may want to wait until the asparagus is pretty much done, before adding the shrimp.
For the full post, visit Mom Foodie.