Serving Size: 4
For this supertasty sandwich, F&W’s Justin Chapple quickly sautés shrimp with chorizo and onion, then spoons them onto rolls and tops with tomato and avocado.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- mayonnaise, for serving
- toasted kaiser rolls, for serving
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.75 cup minced red onion
- 0.5 Pound fresh Mexican chorizo, casing removed and meat crumbled
- 0.75 Pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- lettuce, thinly sliced tomato and avocado, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shrimp, chorizo, onion and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and the shrimp and chorizo are cooked through, about 8 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water and season with salt and pepper. Serve on toasted kaiser rolls with mayonnaise, lettuce and sliced tomato and avocado.
Recipe Credit: Justin Chapple
Image Credit: Con Poulos