Shaved Cabbage Salad with Paprika Vinaigrette
This recipe combines a colorful mix of shaved cabbage and radishes tossed with herbs, apple and a lightly smoky paprika dressing.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 0.5 cup salted roasted pepitas
- 0.5 cup julienned baby turnips
- 0.5 cup snipped chives
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 large apple—peeled, cored and julienned
- 1 3/4-pound head of red cabbage—halved, cored and shredded
- 3/4-pound head of green cabbage—halved, cored and shredded
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp honey
- 0.25 cup distilled white vinegar
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 red radishes, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk the shallot with the mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, honey and the 1 1/2 tablespoons of paprika. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the cabbages with the apple, parsley, cilantro, chives, turnips, pepitas and radishes. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with paprika. Serve the additional dressing at the table.
Recipe Credit: Tim Wiechmann
Image Credit: Tara Fisher