Sesame-Ginger Chicken Meatballs
These super quick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice.
- Canola oil, for brushing
- 0.25 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 0.33 cup minced scallions, plus thinly sliced scallions for garnish
- 0.5 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 Pound ground chicken, preferably dark meat
- Asian chile sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° and brush a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil. In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients except the chile sauce. Form the mixture into 1 1/2 -inch balls and arrange on the baking sheet. Brush the meatballs with canola oil and bake for about 13 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Transfer the meatballs to a platter and serve with Asian chile sauce.
Recipe Credit: Justin Chapple
Image Credit: Christina Holmes