Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad
Serving Size: 2
The classic salad reinvented. Simple seared tuna is served over a bed of greens, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumber with a chickpea-lemon dressing. One bite and you’ll be transported to the south of France.
- 2 fillets tuna
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 red onion
- 1 Ounce black olives
- 1 Can chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 2 Ounce spring mix
- 1 cucumber
- grape tomatoes
- 2 Yukon potatoes
- 2 Ounce green beans
- 1 Tbsp + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Halve the tomatoes. Thinly slice the onion and cucumber. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water. Cook for about 2 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and add the potatoes. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until easily pierced with a knife. Drain.
- Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sear the tuna for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate. Let it rest and then cut against the grain into ¼-inch slices.
- To make the dressing: Take ¼ of the chickpeas and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Add Dijon mustard, the juice of ½ the lemon, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Finish: Arrange the greens on a plate with the green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, and red onion. Season with salt and pepper and with the remaining lemon juice. Top with the sliced tuna and olives. Drizzle with the chickpea-lemon dressing.