Seared Mahi Mahi with Mediterranean Bean Salad
A light dish that’s great for a summer night. Mahi mahi is seared until flaky and served over a fresh bean salad of cannellini beans, green beans, and tomatoes in a tangy onion-cilantro vinaigrette.
- 2 fillets mahi mahi
- 1 onion
- 0.5 Ounce cilantro
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Can cannellini beans
- 1 tomato
- 4 Ounce green beans
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Halve the green beans. Halve the tomato, seed it and chop into small cubes. Mince the cilantro. Chop 3 tablespoons of onion as finely as possible. Drain and rinse the beans. TIP: If you have a food processor, you can finely chop the cilantro and onion together. Slowly add the vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil while pulsing.
- When the water is boiling, add the green beans to the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Meanwhile, combine the onion and cilantro in a bowl with the vinegar. If you chopped them in a food processor, you can add the vinegar and oil while pulsing. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the green beans, beans, and tomato to the dressing. Toss and set aside in the fridge. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, place the cod fillets in the pan. Sear the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside and flaky and translucent inside.
- Finish: Serve the bean salad with the cod on top!