Seared Eggplant and Kimchi Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 4
Spicy kimchi adds a nice kick of crunch and spice to this simple seared eggplant side dish.
- 1 Pound Japanese eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, grated
- 8 Ounce kimchi
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and after the oil is hot, stir in the eggplant. Cook for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until the eggplant is seared.
- Stir in the ginger, cook for 30 seconds, and then stir in the kimchi. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, or until heated through.
- Season with black pepper and garnish with green onions.
Serve With: Rice.
Recipe Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Image Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu