Scrambled Egg and Swiss Chard Tacos
Serving Size: 6
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 seeded plum tomato
- 6 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1.25 Pound rainbow Swiss chard, leaves and stems thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 2 seeded serrano chiles, minced
- Tbsp minced white onions
- warmed corn tortillas, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add 1/2 cup of the onion, the chiles and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is just starting to brown, 8 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs and tomatoes and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the eggs are just cooked, 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of onion and the cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve the eggs in warm tortillas.
SERVE WITH Salsa verde and Mexican crema or sour cream.