Savory Orange Chicken with Sage
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
- 2 cup chopped shiitake mushroom (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 0.25 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 0.33 cup orange juice
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked rice
Coat the chicken with the flour.
Heat the oil and butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it’s well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the stock, juice, wine, zest, sage and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the mushrooms. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and liquid is reduced by one-fourth. Serve with the rice.