Sausage Tomato Quiche
Serving Size: 4
Here is a super easy dish to make on a busy morning or on a lazy weekend. Don't have sausage or tomatoes? That's ok - this dish is easy to customize with whatever meat or veggies you have on hand.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 link hot Italian sausage
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie dough into a tart pan or a pie plate and set aside.
- Squeeze sausage meat out of casing and heat over medium-high heat until cooked. Crumble into the bottom of the pie dough.
- Layer with slices of tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and milk together with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over the pie. Top with parsley and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is no longer runny.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes to set before serving.
Read more from What Micky Eats.