Sausage Apple Stuffing
Serving Size: 8
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion
- 0.5 red apple, chopped
- 0.5 green apple, chopped
- 0.5 Pound pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 2 cup Pepperidge Farm® Corn Bread Stuffing
- Heat the broth, black pepper, celery, onion and apples in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the sausage and stuffing and stir lightly to coat.
Tip: For an Interesting Twist: Omit the apples. Add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Use 1/2 pound smoked chorizo sausage, casing removed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces for the pork sausage.