Sausage and Bean Ragoût
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag (about 6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 0.5 cup uncooked elbow pasta
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 2 Can (about 14.5 ounces each) Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3.5 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Pound hot Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 0.33 cup grated Romano cheese
Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the beef, sausage and onion and cook until the beef and sausage are well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds.
Stir the broth, basil, tomatoes and beans in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pasta and cook until it's tender.
Stir in the spinach and cook until it's wilted. Remove the saucepot from the heat and stir in the cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Recipe Note: This recipe calls for cooking the pasta until it's tender. However, if you like your pasta a little al dente, that will work as well.