Santa Fe Quinoa Salad
- 0.75 cup quinoa
- 0.5 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 15 Ounce canned black bean, rinsed
- freshly ground pepper
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- kosher salt
- 1.5 cup water
- 3 Ounce jar cocktail onion, drained and finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet; refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over high heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add the lime juice and oil and blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and add the black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and cocktail onions. Scrape the quinoa into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.