Santa Fe Chicken Sauté
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 Can can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 0.5 cup water
- 0.5 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 Can can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Healthy Request® Tomato Soup
- 4 green onions, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.75 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir the chili powder and cumin in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the chili powder mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Add the garlic and onions and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the soup, picante sauce and water and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the beans and corn. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Serve the chicken and sauce over hot cooked brown rice.
Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you're using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.
Cost per recipe: $12.71
Cost per serving: $2.12