"Easy to prepare using pantry staples, this recipe is always a hit," writes Jo Ann Dalrymple from Claremore, Oklahoma. "Her sweetly unique bites start with saltine crackers and are drizzled with white chocolate for an elegant and easy accent."
- 37 saltine cracker squares
- 1 cup cup butter, cubed
- 0.75 cup sugar
- 2 cup (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Ounce white baking chocolate
- 1 tsp shortening
1. Place crackers in a single layer in a foil-lined 15-in. x -10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a large saucepan, bring butter and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is thickened and sugar is completely dissolved. Spread over crackers.
2. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chips. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until chips begin to melt; spread chocolate evenly over top.
3. In a microwave, melt white chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over toffee. Chill for 15-20 minutes or until set; break into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: about 1-3/4 pounds.
For more great Toffee Recipes visit www.Tasteofhome.com.