Salted Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 8
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.25 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the flour with the salt and the 1/4 cup of sugar. Using your fingers, rub in the butter until the mixture is the texture of sand. Gently knead the dough just until it comes together.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and press it into a 7-inch round, 1/3 inch thick. Prick the round all over with a fork and lightly sprinkle the top with sugar. Using the blunt side of a large knife, score the round into 8 wedges. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and just cooked through. While the shortbread is still warm, cut through the score marks with a serrated knife to separate it into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.