Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundaes with Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
The flavors came together perfectly in this sundae, with salted caramel pulling everything together. I used vanilla ice cream as the base to keep it a blank slate, but coffee-flavored ice cream would also be delicious.
If you’re looking for a fabulously easy, but impressive dessert for a summer party, picnic, or potluck, this is perfect. Ice cream is one of the few things the whole family can agree on!
Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
- butter or cooking spray, to grease the pan
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.75 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 cup (3oz) sugar
- 2 cup whole almonds
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 large egg white
- For the Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds, preheat the oven to 300F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper with butter or cooking spray.
- Beat the egg white and water until frothy, then fold in the almonds. Sprinkle on the sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and gently toss to coat.
- Spread the almonds out onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden in places, about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let the nuts cool before serving, and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundaes
- 8 biscoff or gingersnap cookies (or any crispy spice cookies), crumbled
- 8 Tbsp Smucker’s Simple Delight™ Salted Caramel Topping
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 Tbsp roasted cinnamon sugar almonds (see note below)
- For the Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundaes with Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds, put 2 scoops of ice cream in each of 4 individual bowls. Top each with 2 tablespoons of Smucker’s Simple Delight™ Salted Caramel Topping, 2 crushed cookies, and 1 tablespoon of Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds. Serve immediately.
Note: Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds: If you don’t have time to make these, you can find them at many county fairs or shopping malls, or you can use candied almonds from the grocery store.
For the full post, visit An Edible Mosaic.
Compensation for this post was provided by The J.M. Smucker Company via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The J.M. Smucker Company or AOL.