Salted Caramel Apple Crisp
When I think of a classic American dessert warm apple crisp and vanilla ice cream is definitely at the top of my list. The caramel adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the apples and you feel fancy just eating it.
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 0.33 jar of Smuckers Salted Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 0.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 cup quick cooking oats
- 0.25 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp cold butter, cubed
- First, cut up about 3 apples and place in greased baking pan.
- Put your caramel topping in the microwave for about 45 seconds, stir and pour over your apples. Mix your apples and caramel mixture until all apples are covered.
- Heat your oven to 375F. In a bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or till golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle some more caramel on top!
For the full post, visit Made to Be a Momma.
Compensation for this post was provided by The J.M. Smucker Company via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The J.M. Smucker Company or AOL.