Salmon Fish Tacos
I have never really been a fish fan until my husband and I decided to start eating it for the health benefits. Since then we have found quite a few good recipes and I have really enjoyed eating it. One recipe I have not tried, but heard several people mention was fish tacos. I thought I would try making my own fish tacos, a healthy version, after hearing about how most fish tacos are fried.
- 4.75 cup flour
- 2 cup very warm water
- 0.25 cup shortening (optional)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Mix 4 cups of flour and the rest of the ingredients together well.
- Knead in additional flour. Let the dough rise for about 20 minutes.
- Roll out into tortillas and cook in a sauté pan with non-stick cooking spray, about 2 minutes a side.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 0.5 cup chopped cilantro
- 0.75 cup chopped red onion
- 1 mango, chopped
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Let sit for 24 hours or at least 1 hour.
- pinch of dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 Pound salmon fillet
- plain yogurt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon on sheet and sprinkle evenly with spices. Bake for 12 minutes, or until done. Flake the salmon using a fork.
- To assemble, top each tortilla with the flaked salmon, mango salsa and a dollop of plain yogurt.
Recipe Courtesy of The Daily Meal
Image Credit: Gina Baker