Rustic Tuscan Soup with Kale
Serving Size: 10
- 1 Tbsp loaf Italian bread(18 inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14-1/2 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz. each) HUNT'S® Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added, undrained
- 2 cup (15 oz. each) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 Can large onion, chopped
- 8 Can slices OSCAR MAYER Butcher Thick Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Can crushed red pepper
- 0.5 tsp KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 loosely packed chopped kale
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spread bread onto baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cheese and crushed pepper. Bake 10 min.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir bacon in large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. bacon drippings from pan. Add onions to pan; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Return bacon to pan along with the beans, tomatoes, broth and 1/4 cup of the remaining cheese; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min., stirring occasionally. Add kale; cook 10 min.
- Serve soup topped with croutons and remaining cheese.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
Cool any leftover soup, then pour into freezer container. Freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight before reheating to serve as directed.