Rosemary-Lemon Turkey Burgers with Brie, Raspberry Jam & Arugula
Since turkey burgers can be kind of "blah", I jazzed them up with the bright flavor of lemon zest and herbaceous rosemary. And guess what else is in these patties? Almond flour! It helped the burger stay nice and juicy all while giving them an extra hint of flavor and texture. Because I love brie on just about everything, I smothered the burgers with a generous helping which I allowed to come to melty perfection right on the grill.
For walnut honey butter
- 5 Tbsp softened butter
- sprinkle of salt
- 0.5 tsp honey
- 0.25 cup walnuts (toasted if desired)
- In a food processor, pulse ingredients together until smooth. Transfer to a container with an airtight lid and refrigerate. Great for use on these burgers or on sandwiches, rolls, biscuits, waffles, etc.
For turkey burgers
- raspberry jam
- Walnut-Honey Butter (see above for recipe)
- 4 Cobblestone Bread Co. Cracked Wheat Kaiser Rolls
- 8 slices of brie (2 per burger)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- zest of one lemon
- 0.25 cup almond flour (you could probably also use bread crumbs)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Pound ground turkey meat
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until mixture is uniform. (Try not to overmix.)
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal sections. Lightly oil your hands and shape each section into a patty.
- Grill patties on an outdoor grill or on a grill pan. Cook about 4-5 minutes on one side, flip and cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side until just about cooked through.
- Meanwhile, butter the tops (and bottoms, if desired) of the buns with Walnut-Honey Butter. Place on the grill until toasty and golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Before the burgers are fully cooked through, top with 2 slices of brie. Close grill and allow heat to get the cheese nice and gooey.
- Place cooked burgers with cheese onto toasted bun bottoms.
- Spread a generous layer of raspberry jam on the top half of each bun. Arrange arugula on top. Carefully flip tops onto burger. Enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Kitchen Prep.
This is a collaboration between Cobblestone Bread Co. and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co.